Friday, March 18, 2011

Cleaning House...

I've been doing a bit of sorting and cleaning here at the house. We've been packing up for a move, and I found myself sifting through a bunch of old drawings. It inspired me to put together a convention sketchbook of old drawings, rough work, and life sketches I've done in the last 4 or 5 years- I should be getting it back from the printer next week!.

In looking things over, I found a bunch of preliminary comps I did for covers of Resurrection that didn't make the sketch book because I only had low dpi scans left over but I thought it'd be cool to post some of 'em up against the finished cover. Here are a bunch of comps I did when coming up with a cover for Resurrection #5:




The one above didn't make the cover but I used the compostion for a double page spread instead- I also cropped it and used it for the top of this blog :)

This comp was the one that actually ended up as the cover:


... and as you've probably seen, the finished cover:

No comments:

Post a Comment